Satellite Installation Technician - Buffalo and WNY
December 12, 2011
This position takes the perfect combination of skills including customer service, technical, and telecommunications. Working directly in the field with our customers, this position is the face of DirecTV and Drumbeat Networks.
Drumbeat Networks is currently seeking Installation Technicians to join its Buffalo, NY team.
As a Drumbeat Networks DIRECTV Installation Technician, you will be responsible for providing our customers excellent service through installing, troubleshooting, maintaining and upgrading satellite TV systems and equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Preparing for installations by reviewing installation orders, gathering equipment, supplies and tools and coordinating schedules with customers.
- Planning installations by evaluating location, locating access and laying-out equipment and wiring plan.
- Establishing satellite TV systems by installing equipment, running and pulling cable, programming and calibrating equipment while adhering to codes, regulations and standards.
- Verifying satellite TV systems for correct functionality and optimal performance by testing equipment and connections and identifying and correcting any issues.
- Maintaining accurate records through documenting installations, services and repairs.
- Maintaining and improving service and rapport with customers through listening to their descriptions of problems, answering questions and resolving issues through diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing, replacing and/or upgrading components.
- Referring to schematics, manuals and manufacturer's instructions as needed.
- Maintaining a safe work environment by following safe practices and adhering to safety policies.
- Ensuring adequate supply levels by inventorying stock, placing and verifying orders.
- Updating and improving job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications.
- Enhancing the organization's reputation through personal accountability for accomplishing new and different requests and always striving to add value.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 1+ year of experience in electronics, CATV, telecommunications or related field preferred.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds and climb up to a 40 foot ladder.
- An essential duty of the position of Technician is to install satellite dishes with the use of a ladder on customers' homes. The ladders used by DIRECTV have been rated by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) to hold a maximum total weight (including tool belt and equipment) of 375 lbs. To allow for the weight of equipment, an individual's weight cannot exceed 325 lbs. Is there any reason you cannot perform the essential duties of this job?
- Must have excellent Communication (written and verbal) and Customer Service skills.
- Possess a valid driver's license.
- Successfully pass a drug test, background check and MVR screening.
- Be willing to work extra hours, weekends and holidays as needed.
Drumbeat Networks is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Additional Information & Skills
Job Type: Employee
Career Level: Mid Career (2+ years of experience)
Education Level Required: High School or Equivalent
Salary Type: Hourly
Salary: $15,000.00 - $30,000.00
General: Basic Grammar (e.g., spelling, punctuation), Problem solving / decision making, Self-directed work teams, Written communications
Logistics: Vehicle Operation , Warehouse
Additional: Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds and climb up to a 40 foot ladder. Possess a valid driver's license. Successfully pass a drug test, background check and MVR screening.
Methods for Applying
Contact Information: HR Drumbeat Networks
Return to Careers
Apply By Email: email@example.com
Note: If the above link does not automatically open your e-mail software, please copy and paste the address into a new, blank message manually.